Saving on travel means putting in a bit of effort, planning and making the right choices. Tourismkit.com travel deals section will save you a lot of money as going to vacation if not planned properly can be a financial disaster.
Take advantage of cheap flights, great last minute travel deals, discount vacations, bargains on car rentals, cheap fares, discount hotel bookings, travel phones and bundles, tours that cost almost nothing, fastest way to find an all inclusive vacation packages and many more.
Also, we are not pushing you with some travel deals without you giving a knowledge to navigate them. Here are some money saving tips that will go a long way while planning and when on your vacation:
- Pocket a super-cheap overseas spending card – Most cards add a 3% cost to the exchange rates banks themselves get. You can avoid this by packing a specialist card that doesn’t add this ‘load’, meaning you’ll get perfect exchange rates which beat even the best bureaux de change.
- Free app turns phone into sat nav for 30 countries – If you’ve a smartphone with GPS such as an iPhone, here’s a nifty way to turn it into a sat nav abroad, with local maps, for free – without using up any pricey data overseas. It isn’t a fully-fledged system like paid sat navs, but it’s handy if it’s for a one-off trip.
- Use the right cheap flight-finding site – Freeze! Don’t search the first knock-down flight site – you need to use the right type.
- For 2+ trips abroad each year, get annual travel insurance – Get travel insurance as soon as you book. If not, you won’t be covered for cancellation or changes. Plus if you’ll go away two or more times a year, annual policies are usually cheaper.
- Don’t pay airport prices for travel accessories, try pound shops – Pick up travel accessories like adaptor plugs, eye masks and travel cushions at the airport and you risk paying inflated prices for last-second shoppers.
- Liquids are banned through airport security, not food – Budget airlines make extra cash by flogging snacks to hungry flyers at sky-high prices – a splurge on airline snacks could easily undo the savings on your ticket.
- Don’t trust the hotel star system – The star rating system isn’t standardised worldwide, and it’s usually just an indicator of facilities, rather than quality. A 5* may not live up to its hype, as it just means it has extra facilities, so don’t just rely on this if you’re after a swanky getaway. Plus the star system differs within countries, never mind worldwide.
- Wear your luggage – If you’re flying with a budget airline and want to stow luggage in the hold, expect to pay a hefty whack to do this. Plus the weight allowance for budget airlines can be lower than elsewhere, at roughly 15 to 20kg. Yet there are nifty ways to get round this.
- Free flights – if you play your cards right – Credit cards offer all sorts of free gifts to new cardholders, so it’s possible to sign up for the card and grab the freebie. This is handy if you’re travelling as there are loads available, including flights around Europe, Eurostar returns and more.
- And more!
Start your money saving adventure with the collection of our travel deals we have gathered for you….enjoy your vacation!