Tips For Enjoying The Luxury Island Life During Your Vacation At Palm Jumeirah – Dubai!
The unique man-made island built in palm-tree shape with sand and rock formation, Palm Jumeirah is claimed as “eighth wonder of the world” This is definitely regarded as one of Dubai’s most ambitious and recognizable projects to date by Nakheel, a company owned by the Dubai government. It is one of three islands called The Palm Islands which will increase Dubai’s shoreline by a total of 520 km. The Palm Jumeirah is the smallest and the original of three Palm Islands (Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira), located on the Jumeirah coastal area of the emirate of Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.
About Palm Jumeirah
A Discerning Landmark Even From Outer Space
In a kingdom of exceptional property development projects, Palm Jumeirah holds its own as Dubai’s most ambitious and recognizable project to date. Designed to resemble the prized date tree, this unique man-made island consists of the main trunk with a crown comprising of 17 fronds. The surrounding crescent island forms an innovative 11km long breakwater. A 300-meter bridge connects the crown to the mainland and a sub-sea tunnel connects the crescent to the top of the palm. Doubling the length of the Dubai coastline; the entire island measures 5km by 5km with a total area that is larger than 800 football pitches put together. Large enough to be seen from outer space and with a shape that could not be mistaken for any other, Palm Jumeirah is truly a discerning landmark from earth as well as from outer space.
The Best Of Island Living
Conceived as a luxurious retreat and residential area for living, leisure and relaxation, this man-made island offers villas, shoreline apartment buildings, themed boutique hotels, five-star hotels, marinas, beaches, beach cafes, restaurants and an endless assortment of retail outlets.The trunk of this palm tree shaped property development is lined with plush town houses and state-of-the-art apartment blocks right on the shoreline. The three types of luxury signature villas, which include Garden Homes, Signature Villas and Canal Cove Town Homes, take up most of the branches. Every single dwelling, no matter what the category, is spacious, luxurious and well-finished and offers their residents private beaches besides a host of other amenities and facilities. In addition to all this, residents can enjoy spectacular views of the man made beaches. Some of the leading international hotel brands that dot this exclusive island include Movenpick Resort & Spa Palm Jumeirah, Movenpick Resort Oceana Palm Jumeirah, Dusit, Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Shangri La, Oberoi, Marriott, Radisson SAS, Kempinski, Antara, Fairmont Palm Residence and Hilton amongst others.
The Making Of The Island
Palm Jumeirah is the end result of four years of methodical and careful planning and exhaustive feasibility studies to ensure that the islands would not have an adverse effect on the environment or disrupt it in any way. The first stage of this ambitious property comprised the construction of the land foundations, which entailed transferring of sand and precise placement of rock. The second stage included the construction of the 990 feet ( 300 meter) bridges that linked the island to the main land as well as the building of infrastructure and services, followed by the construction of the home, apartments and townhouses.
Palm Jumeirah- Luxury At A Price
The privilege of owning a private beach or a private swimming pool with a Palm Jumeirah villa comes at a price, but its one that is well worth paying. A whole host of celebrity home owners who have already staked their claim on this high end property development are testament to the luxurious lifestyle that Palm Jumeirah offers its residents as well as its visitors.
Why Is Palm Jumeirah One Of The Best Holiday Destinations In The World?
Soft, white sand under your feet, a slow, gentle breeze coaxing you to relax, the warm, crystal clear, azure waters of the Arabian Sea inviting you to swim and exotic, unrivaled, spectacular views all around you, this is Jumeirah Beach, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Palm Jumeirah modern architecture is incomparable and is equally breathtaking in day light or star light. This coastal area was once the home of Arab traders, pearl divers and fisherman who enjoyed a simpler life. Since the 1960’s, Palm Jumeirah has become a favorite of western expatriates. Due to the building of some of the finest, luxury hotels and resorts in the world, Jumeirah Beach has become a popular choice among tourists in recent years. The long, sunny, stretch of beach is sprinkled with lush, palm trees and is lifeguard protected, thus providing a safe place for the entire family to enjoy plenty of sun and various water activities without worry.
Jumeirah Beach offers a full range of accommodations, from budget minded, 2 star choices, to luxurious 5 star-rated hotels. Palm Jumeirah also has one, extravagant, 7 star-rated hotel with a well earned reputation as the most luxurious hotel in the world. Most of the hotels in Jumeirah Beach are 5 star-rated and offer a variety of amenities, facilities and services to suit the business, personal or family traveler. Typical hotel amenities include; non smoking rooms, security boxes, 24 hour front desk services and swimming pools. Below, you’ll find examples of 2 to 7 star-rated hotels in Jumeirah Beach.
Old and new art and architectural wonders abound in Jumeirah Beach and the surrounding Dubai area. One only need look to some of the unusually shaped hotels on Jumeirah Beach to witness some of the new architecture. Art galleries, museums and souks (markets) with traditional crafts are plentiful. The Jumeirah Mosque is a fine example of modern architecture done in the medieval Fatimid tradition. It is a work of art from its sandstone dome to it intricately painted interior panels on robin’s- egg blue background. This is the only mosque that non-Muslims may visit by taking a guided tour but, please remember that both males and females should dress appropriately for touring this sacred house of worship. The covering of knees, shoulders and midriff is a must.
There are relatively few activities, attractions, and adventures one will not find in Palm Jumeirah Beach:
Only in an incredibly imaginative place like Dubai where hotels are shaped like billowing sails and large waves, and where manmade islands are shaped like huge palm trees would you find snow skiing available year round, inside a mall. Envision 22,500 sq. meters of real snow in the middle of desert country. This astounding, winter wonderland is ranked third in the world and offers everything other skiing resorts do, like runs that vary in difficulty, chairlifts and snow patrols. If you’re a snowboarder, you’ll be thrilled because you can perfect your run on a run on 90 meters quarter pipe.
Desert Safaris and Sand Skiing
Desert safaris, desert skiing, sand boarding and camel rides are some of the adventure opportunities that are on offer. You will fall in love with both the desert and this entertaining sport. Stunning, red sand dunes will beckon you to climb to their summit and then ski down their sandy blankets. Desert skiing has been a favorite of locals and is quickly gaining popularity among tourists. Almost all the desert safari companies’ offer desert skiing along with their traditional desert safaris packages and they will supply all the equipment you will need to fully enjoy your day of sand skiing.
What in the world is Wadi Bashing? Thrilling! That’s what it is, especially if you’re the adventurous type. If you enjoy exploring the places you visit by viewing scenery the way the locals do and if you love 4 wheeling, then you are going to become a fast fan of Wadi Bashing. A wadi is a large, valley shaped bed carved by seasonal floodwaters. Wadi Bashing is 4 wheeling it through those exciting, twisting, natural, rocky, river beds in the desert. The best time for Wadi Bashing is October through April. Wadi Bashing guarantees mega doses of fun and adventure.
A Dhow is a traditional, Arabian, sailing vessel, usually with a square stern and a lateen or triangular sail or set of sails. Dhows are a reminder of the long fishing, pearl diving, transport and trade history of this area. The ones used for tour cruises are ornately carved. Tours on offer include sight-seeing cruises as well as romantic dinner cruises that offer a truly relaxing atmosphere, stunning scenery and delectable cuisine. Cuisine choices range from Oriental to Continental, all beginning with a traditional welcome with Arabian coffee and dates. A dhow dinner cruise is truly a one-of-a-kind, unforgettable experience.
You’ll also find plenty of gyms and fitness centers, horseback riding, golfing, hot air balloons, sky diving, paragliding and a selection of incredible spas for pampering yourself. You can swim with the dolphins and ice skate too, but even these are some of the more typical activities you might expect to find available. Below, you will find some examples of the most unusual activities and adventures available.
Transportation In Palm Jumeirah
Palm Jumeirah Monorail is a 5.4-kilometre-long (3.4 mi) monorail connecting the Atlantis Hotel to the Gateway Towers at the foot of the island, opened on 6 May 2009. located on Palm Jumeirah island in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The monorail connects the Palm Jumeirah to the mainland, with a planned further extension to the Red Line of the Dubai Metro. The line opened on 30 April 2009. It is the first monorail in the Middle East.
Hotels And Resorts
The Palm Jumeirah has a number of hotels, resorts, and hotel residences:
- The Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort – Fairmont The Palm, named after Dubai’s iconic Palm Jumeirah, is located on the world’s largest man-made island shaped in the form of a palm tree. This beachfront Dubai hotel showcases unrivalled views of the Arabian Gulf and provides easy access to Dubai’s attractions, the Dubai International Airport, some of the city’s best shopping with Mall of the Emirates, Marina Mall and The Dubai Mall, in addition to numerous golf courses in Dubai.
- Kempinski Hotel & Residences – There is something special waiting for you in Dubai at the Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeirah: 244 Suites, Villas and Penthouses right on a beautiful private Beach. Here you will find solace and privacy, a place where you have no appointments, obligations, or stress. Leave your worries and woes behind and make time just for you, your family and your kids. Your suite will be the place where you can totally relax in the beauty and comfort of our home away from home.
- Rixos The Palm Dubai – Rixos The Palm Dubai will carry your holiday experience beyond your dreams with its unique location, prestigious services with no concessions on quality. Very special beach, top-level rooms and suites restaurants, SPA, meeting halls, entertainment and activities programmes make Rixos The Palm Dubai a huge and exciting stage for a holiday.
- Atlantis, The Palm – From the moment of arrival, you’re immersed in a dazzling world of imagination, pleasure and luxury. The resort offers relaxation and thrills for couples and families alike, including a landmark hotel, unique marine habitats, an exhilarating water park, pristine white beaches, world-class cuisine, indulgent spa and cosmopolitan boutiques. To stay or visit is to live out your dreams amidst warm Arabian seas.At Atlantis, the splendour of the accommodation doesn’t end with the architecture. Each of our 1,373 spacious guest rooms and 166 suites is designed with subtle oceanic and Arabic influences, overlooking spectacular views of the azure Arabian Gulf or Palm Jumeirah itself.
- Tiara Residence – Tiara Residence is situated amidst pristine landscaped grounds on Palm Jumeirah’s most exclusive and secluded islet.Located off the top right hand side of The Trunk, it enjoys sea views all round as well as breathtaking views of iconic structures such as the Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa and Sheikh Mohammed’s private island that lies just off shore at the back of the Beach Road Palaces.Tiara Residence, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai delivers an unparalleled quality of natural, beachfront living, surrounded by refinement and outstanding beauty.
The residences comprise of seven luxury apartment towers, and 5* leisure and beach facilities, including large heated infinity pool, large private beach, luxury gym facility that provides views over the beach and gulf, sauna’s and Jacuzzi pools, crèche facilities, licensed bar and beautiful restaurant setting. The restaurant offers luxury surrounds or you can just order and eat in your apartment.
- One & Only The Palm
- Palm Jumeirah Residences
- Beach Apartments, Palm Jumeirah
- The Residences, Palm Jumeirah
- Waldorf Astoria, Palm Jumeriah
- Royal Club, Dubai
- Oceana, The Palm Jumeirah
- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
- Oceana Residence, Palm Jumeirah
Overall, the unique man-made island built in palm-tree shape with sand and rock formation, Palm Jumeirah is claimed as “eighth wonder of the world” …..this is no bluff, it is something to have on your bucket list! Enjoy your vacation!
Visit the Middle East destinations category to learn more about other tourism opportunities available in Middle East!