Witchetty Grubs Taste Like Fried Egg With a Hint of Nut!
“Bite-sized morsels perfect for kid’s parties are made of creamed corn, flour, and cheese. And no, Witchetty grubs don’t taste like chicken.”
Preparation: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Ready In: 45 mins
Original recipe makes 4 grubs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour, or as needed
- 3 cocktail wieners
- 1 teaspoon blanched slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together the Cheddar cheese, corn, olive oil, and self-rising flour to make a firm dough. Roll the dough out into a log shape, and cut into 16 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Cut the cocktail wieners into 6 slices each (there will be 2 extra slices). Pick out 8 almond slivers.
- To make the grubs, place 4 dough balls onto the baking sheet, and press them tightly together so they make a lumpy grub with 4 segments. Place a slice of cocktail wiener on top of each segment for markings. Stick 2 little almond slivers into an end ball to make eyes. Repeat for the other grubs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the grubs are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Browse our How to Cook category for a full collection of recipes for all meal types and from all locations around the world!