Saudi Lamb Tomato And Green Peas Rice
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour, 40 minutes
- 750 g lamb, cut into big chunks
- 8 cups water or 2 liters
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion or 125 g, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium tomatoes or 300 g, peeled and diced
- 1 tin canned green peas or 400 g, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 2½ cups basmati rice or 500 g, washed and drained
Put lamb chunks and water in a large pot. Bring to boil and remove froth as it appears. Simmer over low heat for 1½ hours or until lamb becomes tender. Set aside.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, add and cook onions over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until they become golden brown in color. Add spices, tomatoes, green peas, tomato paste and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes. Stir for 2 minutes then add the cooked lamb with 4½ cups of the cooked lamb stock, if the lamb stock is not enough add the some normal water.
Add the rice and stir occasionally. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Browse our How to Cook category for a full collection of recipes for all meal types and from all locations around the world!