Kabsa – The Ultimate Arabic Rice Dish With Chicken
Kabsa is a traditional Arabic rice dish with chicken. Some people add vegetables and nut also. It has so many variations to make. I tried many recipes then combine two different recipes to get an ultimate taste. Must try this tasty recipe!
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 50 Mins
- Chicken 8 pieces
- Rice 3 cup (soaked)
- Water 2 liter
- Salt to taste
- Pure butter 4 tbsp
- Potato 2 medium (medium cubed)
- Onion 250 gm (sliced)
- Cinnamon 2 sticks
- Whole black pepper 5
- Cloves 5
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- All spice powder ½ tsp
- Tomato 2 (sliced)
- Tomato paste 3 tbsp
- For Garnishing:
- Almonds 10 (blanched & peeled)
- Cashews 10
- Raisins 20 (fry all in 1tbsp butter)
- Add water, chicken pieces and salt in a pot and allow boiling and remove froth as it appears.
- Cover pot and cook about 20 minutes or until chicken cooked.
- Remove chicken from stock and set aside. Reserve stock.
- In another pot melt pure butter and fry chicken pieces from all sides until get a brownish color. Remove chicken and set aside again.
- In same butter fry potato for 3 minutes then add sliced onion and fry until onion golden brown.
- Add spices, tomatoes and tomato puree; mix well.
- Pour stock, it should be around 6 cups.
- Add rice, cover and cook until rice 80% done.
- Now place chicken pieces on top of rice and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Dish out rice, garnish with nuts and serve.
Browse our How to Cook category for a full collection of recipes for all meal types and from all locations around the world!