Creamy Burrito Casserole
Here is the total time it takes to successfully make a creamy Burrito Casserole:
Minutes to Prepare: 20 mins
Minutes to Cook: 30 mins
Number of Servings: 8 – 10
1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
6 large flour tortillas
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 -3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
4 ounces sour cream
jarred hot sauce, if desired to spice it up
1. Brown ground meat/turkey and onion; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
3. Mix soup .and sour cream in a separate bowl.
4. Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
5. Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
6. Put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that.
7. Add a layer of cheese.
8. You could put some hot sauce on this now.
9. Repeat the layers.
10. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
Satisfy your craving for something different tonight. It’s good and fairly easy. This is stuff I usually have on hand too.
Browse our How to Cook category for a full collection of recipes for all meal types and from all locations around the world!