Authentic Guacamole Recipe
This dip, some tortilla chips and a big hat will start your Mexican evening off nicely! It is an authentic Guacamole recipe that can give you the real Mexican experience.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 medium tomatoes
- ½ small onion, roughtly chopped
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped (or parsley at a push)
- Juice of a lime
- 3 fresh red chillies
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the avocados: cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop the flesh out with a tablespoon and place in a food processor
- Add the lime juice to the avocados and blend until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until properly mixed
- Cover and chill for 1 hour, then serve
Serve chilled with tortilla chips You can also serve it with fried plantains.
add 4 tablespoons of sour cream
add a teaspoon of freshly ground cumin seeds
Browse our How to Cook category for a full collection of recipes for all meal types and from all locations around the world!