Quick Shisa Nyama Boerewors
The trick to Shisa Nyama is to baste frequently with the marinade during cooking. This contains the hydrated spices and these will impart flavour during the cooking process.
When marinating be careful when including acidic ingredients such as lemon juice, vinegars or chutney – these can cause the meat to change colour and texture.
- 4 x 30 cm Long Pieces of Boerewors
- 125 ml Chutney
- 125 ml Tomato Sauce
- 15 ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 15 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 6 Small Onions
- Place the boerewors in a bowl.
- Combine the chutney and tomato sauce, Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice and Robertsons Crushed Chillies.
- Pour the sauce over the boerewors and marinade for about an hour.
- Thread a long piece of wors through 6 kebab sticks without cutting it.
- Thread another piece of wors in this manner and continue until all 4 pieces of boerewors are threaded on.
- Place an onion on the end of each skewer.
- Braai over hot coals or grill until done basting with the sauce often.
- Cut between the kebab sticks to serve.
- Serve with Phutu or Fresh bread.
Browse our How to Cook category for a full collection of recipes for all meal types and from all locations around the world!